- Take everything out and remove it from the hanger. Does it still fit? Also, check for damages – working zippers, missing buttons, etc. Return the things you absolutely want to keep to a hanger and rehang it (backwards) in your closet. If it’s not worth the effort of putting it back on a hanger, or bringing to us for repairs, it’s not worth keeping.
- Flip your hangers. After 3, 6 or 9 months, check and see what you haven’t worn and give serious thought to getting rid of it.
- Organize by color.
- Sell or donate unwanted items. Selling or donating keep your discards from clogging our landfills. Check out these on line resellers of quality clothes – online shops.
- Box up ‘questionable’ items and put them away. If you don’t miss them during the season, they can be discarded.
- Take a look at the fiber content of the items you are donating, selling or discarding. Keep in mind that polyester and other synthetic fibers can take up to 200 years to degrade in our landfills. When you shop to replace these items, keep the environment in mind – look for natural fibers – cotton, wool, silk, cashmere, etc.
te as many posts as you like in order to share with them what is on your mind.